Rep: Aleth Boisset
Job Title: Housekeeper, Live-In, Mandarin Speaking
Ref ID: HK-185
Location City: NYC, Upper East Side
Location State: NY
Salary: $70,000 – $90,000 per year; potential discretionary performance-based bonus
All salaries are Dependent On Experience and References, and all candidates must be willing to submit themselves for a Federal Background Check
Benefits: Full benefits package available
- Fluency is Mandarin is REQUIRED
- Strong command of English language; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
- Minimum 5 – 7+ years related experience working in a private home in a similar role or roles for a private family
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities
- Light healthy and fresh cooking skills required for the principles on an as-needed basis
- Computer savvy with proficiency in both Mac and PC systems, including Office, Internet and email; proficient in ordering online groceries, household products, etc.
- Legally able to work in the United States
Private Upper East Side family seeks experienced and flexible Live-In Housekeeper to manage the cleaning, care and upkeep of their primary NYC residence. Fluency in Mandarin is required and willingness to work long hours is a must. The ideal candidate will be responsible for cooking light, healthy meals. The clients are only in residence 50% of the year so although the schedule will largely consist of a Monday through Friday work week, the ideal candidate will be on call six to seven days a week while the family is in residence and MUST be extremely flexible with scheduling. For example one might work seven days in a row and then have the next seven days off. The ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge of how to care for and clean antiques and special surfaces within the townhouse and also be comfortable working seamlessly alongside additional household staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to perform museum-quality cleaning with proficiency in special surfaces (wood, glass, leather, furniture, antiques, silver, brass, etc.)
- Management and organization of closets, pantries, etc.; some additional organization of home
- Care for fine furniture, art, antiques, etc.
- Polishing of and care for all silver, brass, china, etc.
- Flexibility to work overtime or weekends as needed
- Grocery shopping for the family and residence; ensuring proper groceries are in stock at all times